Saturday, November 20, 2010

OK, the first two orders of business! Firstly an apology for being so slack this week! What a busy time it is leading up to Christmas! And it isn't even December yet. But I will be better this week I assure you! And secondly, welcome to our seventh follower, Annisis, great to have you here! I also appreciate all the lovely comments we've been receiving from Soumya, it's very special to have someone interested in what you're doing!

So, what HAVE we been doing this week? Well there were only 2 or 3 days when we completely achieved our list of goals, but there were lots of other adventures to be had this week. Over the weekend we went swimming with Daddy and BC did a wonderful job! Mummy and Daddy were very naughty and did one more immersion than we should have. For the first time, BC came up spluttering and coughing and was NOT a happy camper. So Mummy and Daddy learnt a big lesson that day, VERY IMPORTANT to stop while you're still having fun and not to push it!

On Monday we achieved all our goals and went shopping with BC's Great Grandma, Tuesday was library time (tinies time) and lunch out with the Mother's Group, Wednesday was the day Mummy worked so BC spent the day with his grandmother, Thursday was swimming again, Friday was Gymbaroo and then we come to this weekend!

One exciting event this week was the arrival of Baby Signing Time on the post! Yay, this was the first time I got to watch any BST and I was thoroughly impressed! I absolutely loved it and have already learnt so many signs! BC loves to see the children come on and demonstrate the signs, he gets so excited. I also made lots more encyclopedic flash cards this week, we now have dinosaurs, Australian mammals, Birds of Prey and wild animals. I am also working on fruits and vegetables with Points of Interest (POI). We don't need the POI's now but I don't fancy laminating everything once and then having to re-do it all once he is old enough for POI's.

I am waiting (somewhat) patiently for the BrillKids discount system to come into effect and then I'm going to buy the entire Little Reader and Little Math system and will hopefully be able to use this as part of our encyclopedic knowledge program (along with using it for reading and math!). I am also planning to use flash cards and other things we can buy for our encyclopedic knowledge (and reading and maths too) programs as I just don't think it is possible or necessary for me to make that many bits! Well hopefully not anyway, but we will do what we have to do!

BC is doing so well with his routines these days, although he is often not taking the last nap of the day but we aren't stressing about this. He is eating a very wide variety of fruits and vegetables now and I am planning on introducing meat into his purees when he is 6 months.

I think that is all for now! This week is another busy one as I am working two days and have another product launch seminar to attend. We are looking forward to mother's group, swimming and Gymbaroo this week too. And next week it is December and we can put the tree up!! Looking forward to that too! I promise to write again very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aussie mom of one,

    Hope you are doing well and congrats on being able to reach your targets for your son (2 or 3 days is just perfect since I have read somewhere that they even found when babies were stimulated using flashcards just once a week).

    We are currently settled in NSW. It would have been great if we were in the same state.We could have arranged a meet up over coffee or so. Its hard to find mom's group or even playgroups which will cater for my interests.

    I recently purchased Littlereader and let me tell you, so far I am loving this software. I feel its even better that YBCR possibly because of that fact that they have organized everyday lessons and they also have dedicated phonics lessons. The pictures and words are also changed everyday so that the babies don't merely memorize it.I am not quite impressed with the littlemath software though (just got that one for a 14 day trial). It might work once my baby is a couple more months older.
    As of now I am happy using the doman dots.

    Just go to your library website and check if they have the ten minutes a day prog.Over here once a month they have a lirarian read these books to the babies. However, they have ten minutes a day packages that you can borrow from the library everyday. Its age appropriate and carefully put together package aimed at providing early brain stimulation for babies.

    I was wondering if we could keep in touch via email. Its a lot more easier. If you dont mind I can add you on my google talk list. If you are not comfortable thats completely fine.

    Regards,
    Soumya

    ReplyDelete