Thursday, October 28, 2010

How did we get into this?

Before our baby was born, I knew I wanted to provide him with as many opportunities as possible. I wanted to be involved in lots of fun activities that would stimulate him, as well as provide him (and me!) the opportunity to be social with other Mums. At the time, I was the only one in my circle of family and friends that was having a baby so I knew we'd need to find some other Mummy's for support. I looked into things like swimming, Gymbaroo and music but never realised there was more out there. Oh how naive I was! It wasn't until BC was three months old and a lovely friend of ours came around to take some photos of him that I discovered a whole new world. She brought along her two year old son who we entertained while she took some (amazing!) photos of BC. Master Two ended up entertaining us with his advanced speech skills, excellent sentence structure and intelligent comments. Lucky for us his Mum was kind enough to open up about some of the activities she does with Master Two and briefly mentioned the name 'Doman'. Well this sparked a VERY long session of research (got to love the Internet!) that spanned weeks and weeks and is still, and probably will always continue. And so the journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment